Bradley Small wrote:

Thanks for the answers. I will for now assume that I can just take SQLITE.H.IN and rename it to sqlite3.h since, I don't see a sqlite3.h to extract from the sources. I guess at some point it would be nice to have all the nice un*x flavored text and building tools to work with.
Bradley,

As Eugene pointed out, sqlite.h.in is include in the complete source tarball, in file sqlite-3.2.6.tar.gz.

The file I mentioned, sqlite-source-3.2.6. is a set of preprocessed source files for Windows users that has already had all the build tool preprocessing done so all you need is a C compiler to generate your own sqlite library (or include directly in your project).

There is a fairly simple way to get the "nice un*x tools" on Windows; use MinGW. The MinGW/MSYS combination gives Windows the ability to build SQLite directly from the complete source files or CVS. I use it to build test versions of sqlite from CVS. As a matter of fact, the Windows binaries on the SQLite download page are generated using MinGW running under Linux to cross compile the source files for the Windows environment. Check it out at http://www.mingw.org/.

Dennis Cote