Ticket https://sqlite.org/src/info/de3403bf5ae5f72ed describes a
problem with column naming, and a proposed solution.  Today's
question:  Should the proposed solution be merged into the 3.20.0
release?

Pros:  (1)  The change makes column names more consistent.  (2) The
change fixes some breakage caused by a query planner enhancement
introduced in 3.19.0.  (3) The change makes column naming in SQLite
work (more) like it does in PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQLServer.  (4) The
change will likely be in 3.21.0 even it it isn't in 3.20.0.  Better to
go ahead and get over the pain of any breakage that results now,
rather than putting it off until later.

Cons: (5) The change might cause breakage for legacy applications that
depend on the older (arguably buggy) behavior.  (6) This seems like a
big change to receive so little beta exposure prior to the official
release.  (7) Making the merge will (or should) delay the release by a
day or so.  The release was going to happen tomorrow (2017-08-01) but
if we do the merge, I think the release should be postponed until
2017-08-02 or 2017-08-03.

Let me know your thoughts.   Replies to the mailing list are
preferred, but private email directly to me is also accepted.
--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org