Hi,
I am using Delphi 10.1 and I am trying to learn how to handle FireDAC with
SQLite as a database. Beeing used to ADO and Access I find the learning
curve a bit steep!

My simple project:
I have build a simple SQLite database with only 2 fields: a primary key
integer and a text field, like this:

CREATE TABLE gms(
gms_id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
gms_verb TEXT NOT NULL
);

I have placed FDConnection, FDTable and DataSource + DBGrid and DBNavigator.
An Edit and a button with this OnClick code:

begin
FDTable1.Append;
FDTable1.FieldByName('gms_verb').AsString:= Edit1.Text;
FDTable1.Post;
end;

But when I put a string in the table 'gms_verb' I only get the primary key
number - the string is shown like (WIDEMEMO).

Any explanation of this?

Best Regards
Lars