Yes, not very helpful. The message is from my VB6 wrapper as is like this:

Method ProcedureX of object _ClassX failed

ClassX is the class in the wrapper ActiveX dll that also has the procedure
that makes the call to SQLite that causes the problem, in this
case sqlite3_initialize.
ProcedureX is another procedure in that same class, but that procedure has
nil to do with the problem.
I can take that ProcedureX out and that I will get another procedure
mentioned in the error message that is again completely unrelated to the
problem.

So the whole thing is just completely puzzling and I am seriously stuck
with this.

RBS