OK.  If system table triggers are generally not maintained, what is
simplest recommended way, by C API or other means, for the application to
be notified of non-specific schema changes that include creation/deletion
events? In the vein of the columns meta-data eval.c tester I posted, it
would be helpful if the application could be notified and automatically
refresh its snapshot when tables or views arrive or depart the schema.

Regarding that eval.c test example. What is the status of implementing the
small and sensible change for an optional row separator (third) parameter
in the eval.c extension released with SQLite?  I'd be happy to provide my
changes.  Let me know if you want them.