Hello All,

I have approximately 600 million records that need to be sorted and then
extracted to a flat file.  I am unable to code a solution using visual Basic
.NET.  It was suggested to me that a DB engine could perform my task for me.

Is there a way to accomplish this using the multi-level sort example below?

There are 18 table entries.  I need to extract all 18 entries to create
individual records but in a certain order.  I also need to deduplicate the
records based upon the sorted output file.  I can take care of the
deduplication (I think).  I just need to get the records in the right order
first.

I need to sort them as follows...

Sort Field 1 Ascending
Sort Field 2 Ascending WITHIN field 1
Sort Field 3 Ascending WITHIN field 2 WITHIN field 1
Sort Field 4 Descending WITHIN field 3 WITHIN field 2 WITHIN field 1 <== This
is a Date field and the most current (Highest) Date to float up
Sort Field 5 Ascending WITHIN field 4 WITHIN field 3 WITHIN field 2 WITHIN
field 1

Thank you in advance!

-Ron