> On Oct 25, 2017, at 8:54 AM, Peter Da Silva <peter.dasi...@flightaware.com>
> wrote:
>
> Another question I have is... is an SQLITE database the best format for
> exposing your data to other applications?

Yes, it’s a common document format. Whether it’s “the best” is clearly
dependent on the type of data and how it’s used. My opinion is that when the
data set becomes large enough that it’s impractical to load it all into memory
at once (and write it out in its entirety on every save), a database is the
best option.

(Whether it’s the best data interchange format is another question. But IIRC in
this case the developer isn’t exposing the data to other applications, rather
it’s exposed to allow the user to copy the documents between devices.)

—Jens