Just as background: I updated my sqlite3 directory using the "fossil pull
&& fossil checkout branch-3.21 --force" commands. I then did a "autoconf",
followed by an
"./configure --prefix=$PWD/bld ...". I then did a "make" followed by a
"make install". The first "make" ran just fine. But the "make install"
failed on the command:

/usr/bin/install -c -d /usr/share/tcl8.6/sqlite3

I may be totally off my bird, but I would have hope that a "make install",
in my case, would have tried to install the tcl portions into, perhaps:

$PWD/bld/tcl8.6/sqlite3

I don't know if the action that I saw is intentional or not.

--
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove
it.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown