-------- Original message --------From: Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org>
when setting locking_mode

On 19 Nov 2017, at 2:01am, Kees Nuyt <k.n...@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> The same happens for
>       pragma journal_mode=wal;

Perhaps the PRAGMAs should be reviewed for consistency: that all PRAGMAs which
change values should output their new value.

This might provide a useful piece of diagnostic information for some users.
For example suppose someone changes the page_size using this:

        PRAGMA page_size = 16384;

They change page_size to 16384 but they don’t know that that works only for an
empty database, or after a VACUUM.  The PRAGMA outputs 4096 and, although they
don’t yet know why, they do at least know that their change didn’t work
properly.

Simon.