On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, denys wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm trying to create a table but I always get an "assertion failed"
>crash :-(

Addressed by others ...

>Here is the statement:
>CREATE TABLE Media (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, keywords TEXT, original
>INTEGER, used INTEGER, picture TEXT, note INTEGER, comment BLOB, note
>INTEGER, type INTEGER, idSpec INTEGER);

You should put large text and blob fields last in the row, especially if
they're not used for searching and sorting. Reason being that row data
that overflows from a btree cell within a page will have overflow pages
linked in serially. Searching in such overflow pages may cause a dramatic
slow down.

Christian

--
    /"\