I love the email methodology, and I'd honestly be sad to see it go.  But if
GMail is causing the mischaracterization of the mail, maybe just a note on
the sqlite.org home page that directs people on how to whitelist the
mailing list?

I'm indifferent to the forum idea, but, so long the forum software will
give me notifications of ALL entries, with the full content of the post.
That way, I can decide if I want to jump on the forum and contribute, or
ask.