Hi,

I'm working on integrating sqlite into Mozilla. The problem is that
some Linux users have their profile (and hence, database) over a
network. Ignoring the safety issues for a moment, I'm trying to get
good performance. Sometimes it takes the network "a while" to read a
page, so I'm trying to read as few pages as possible.

I notice that it removes pages from the cache after each transaction.
Why is this done instead of letting them hang around for the next
transaction? When starting a new transaction, it could of check the
file for modifications and only clear the cache if the file has been
touched by another connection. This would really save us a lot of time
since in most cases there is only one connection and most of the
database should fit in the cache.

If this is doable, how much effort do you think would be required us
to change the cache clearing mechanism?

Thanks,
Brett