From: E.Pasma<mailto:pasm...@concepts.nl>
Sent: 26 November 2017 17:30
To: SQLite mailing list<mailto:sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org>
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Getting an advance list of RowIDs for a query result set

>If step 3 is xxx-ed and only left-joins remain to be considered then
>the SQLite3 engine is likely to fullfill  this optimization in its
>next release.
>I tested this on the current  (2017-11-17) pre-release snapshot. As
>far as I see any outer joined table may be discarded from the query
>plan if only rowid from the base table is selected. Using SELECT
>DISTINCT applies this also to one-to-many joins.

Thanks E. Pasma. Fixing the left join optimisation will be enough for me and
will allow me to delete a fair amount of difficult code. My confusion over the
inner joins arose out of trying to find a way of ensuring the BaseTbl RowIDs
wouldn’t contain any duplicates. Somewhere along the line I forgot SQLite would
have to still check the record existed in the inner joined table.