Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's mandated by the SQL
standard that integer division is used when both operands are integers.

Your synthetic example doesn't use a fixed table, but if it did the easiest
solution for you would probably be to define any columns where you need
arbitrary precision as REAL rather than INTEGER, and SQLite column affinity
would do the rest.

Otherwise, yes, I believe you would need to cast.