Hi all,
It became apparent to me from performance measurements that the DELETE operation is very slow, when operating on large recordsets with indexes involved. My deduction is that SQLite updates the indexes for every deleted row, which in painstakingly slow...

Since the DELETE should be atomic, the index update could also be atomic, and a mass pruning of the index tree is hugely faster than individual removals.

My question is: is my deduction correct? Is there any way to fix/improve this in userland? Or are there prospects for this to be improved in SQLite in the foreseeable future?

Thanks,
Dinu