On 19/12/2017 13:55, Richard Hipp wrote:
On 12/18/17, Lee, Greg <lee...@llnl.gov> wrote:
I am still seeing the problem on Power 8 and others report the problem
persists on Power 9. Please see the spack github issue. I also attached a
configure/make output if that helps.

So, what you are saying, then, is that "B0" is a reserved word on
Power 8 and Power 9 systems, and can never be used as a local variable
name?

The "#define B0 0" etcetera have been in the terminal I/O include file(s) of UNIX systems since time immemorial.

I've just run up a quickie that shows the same problem on Solaris:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/termios.h>

int fred(int me)
{
   int B0, B1;

   B0 = me;

   B1 = me / 2;

   printf("String B0 is: %d, %d\n", B0, B1);
}

$ cc -c a.c
"a.c", line 6: syntax error before or at: 0
"a.c", line 8: left operand must be modifiable lvalue: op "="
"a.c", line 10: undefined symbol: B1
cc: acomp failed for a.c

Same-same on SLES:
$ cc -c a.c
In file included from /usr/include/termios.h:39:0,
                 from /usr/include/sys/termios.h:3,
                 from a.c:2:
a.c: In function ???fred???:
a.c:6:8: error: expected identifier or ???(??? before numeric constant
    int B0, B1;
        ^
a.c:8:7: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
    B0 = me;
       ^
a.c:10:4: error: ???B1??? undeclared (first use in this function)
    B1 = me / 2;
    ^
a.c:10:4: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

Looks like something must be including file(s) on Linux PowerPC that isn't included on other systems.

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)