Pragma temp_store and the preprocessor macro SQLITE_TEMP_STORE determine where
temp tables and indices are stored.

See http://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_temp_store

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Auftrag von curmudgeon
Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. Dezember 2017 11:35
An: sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org
Betreff: [EXTERNAL] Re: [sqlite] What happens if an in memory database runs out
of memory

My apologies. The inserts in the above tests were made on a TEMP table which I
assumed was being created in the existing database. I've since discovered that
isn't the case.

*Tables created using the "CREATE TEMP TABLE" syntax are only visible to the
database connection in which the "CREATE TEMP TABLE" statement is originally
evaluated. These TEMP tables, together with any associated indices, triggers,
and views, are collectively stored in a separate temporary database file that
is created as soon as the first "CREATE TEMP TABLE" statement is seen.*

Running the same tests again using an actual table (TEMP keyword omitted) shows
the in memory INSERT (and DELETE) to be twice as fast on the database loaded
into memory compared to when it's accessed from the SSD.The timings in the
original tests were similar to the in memory database suggesting the TEMP table
for those tests were created in memory regardless of whether the actual
database was loaded in memory or not. I can't see any documentation suggesting
that though. Could someone clarify?