I see, then what I'm seeing is just normal behavior of the writes being
flushed to disk. I read what I wanted to hear about synchronous=NORMAL
delaying writes to the -wal file. Instead I'm going to see if I can
move -wal to a ramdisk and see how that will affect db integrity with
power losses at in-opportune times.

Thank you.