The feature in last paragraph is already the case with plain ORDER BY. All
records in "group" order.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Auftrag von Stephan Buchert
Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. Jänner 2018 12:17
An: sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org
Betreff: [EXTERNAL] [sqlite] Groups in C API

Thanks for the replies.

Allowing non-aggregate columns in aggregate queries is very useful, as shown
with the min/max functions.

Probably with this feature comes that SQLite even allows all non-aggregate
columns in SELECTs with GROUP BY. Perhaps the documentation should warn more
clearly, that in this case only one arbitrary row in each group is returned,
not all the rows that the WHERE filter lets through.

More useful would perhaps be, to return in this case (only non-aggregate
columns but a GROUP BY)  all rows, just grouped together is indicated by the
GROUP BY. This would have a similar effect as an ORDER BY, but they are
somewhat different if I look at the syntax diagrams. I have no idea how
feasible it would be to get SQLite doing this.