Switch -glob and switch -regexp are also handy for this kind of code.

On 2/1/18, 3:07 PM, "sqlite-users on behalf of Peter Da Silva"
<sqlite-users-boun...@mailinglists.sqlite.org on behalf of
peter.dasi...@flightaware.com> wrote:

    You can do something like this, for one record per file:

    Sqlite3 db file.sqlite
    while {[gets stdin line] > 0} {
        lappend content $line
    }
    set content [join $content "\n"; # or otherwise manipulate the text you got
back.
    db eval {INSERT INTO whatever (index, content) VALUES ($index, $content);}
    db close

    Or anything in between:

    Sqlite3 db file.sqlite
    while {[gets stdin line] > 0} {
        if {[matches_end_of_content $line]} {
           db eval {INSERT INTO whatever (index, content) VALUES ($index,
$content);}
           set content {}
       } elseif {[matches_start_of_content $line]} {
          get_index_from_content $content index
       } else {
          add_line_to_content $line content
       }
    }
    db close

    On 2/1/18, 3:00 PM, "sqlite-users on behalf of Cecil Westerhof"
cldwester...@gmail.com> wrote:

<peter.dasi...@flightaware.com>:

        > It's pretty easy in Tcl
        >
        > Sqlite3 db file.sqlite
        > while {[gets stdin line] > 0} {
        >     parse_line_into index content; # or whatever you do to extract
content
        > from the line
        >     db eval {INSERT INTO whatever (index, content) VALUES ($index,
        > $content);}
        > }
        > db close

        ​Looks promising.​ The 'problem' is that I get a record pro line. But
that
        is not a big problem I think. On the plus side it is easy to make a GUI
        instead of a command line version.

        Thanks.

        --
        Cecil Westerhof