On 02/19/2018 01:28 AM, Free Ekanayaka wrote:
Hello,

I've tried to run the quicktest suite for SQLite 3.22.0 on Linux (kernel
version 4.13.0), and when it executes test/oserror.test I get errors:

oserror-1.1.1... Ok
oserror-1.1.2... Ok
oserror-1.1.3... Ok
oserror-1.2.1... Ok
oserror-1.2.2... Ok
oserror-1.3.1... Ok
oserror-1.3.2... Ok
oserror-1.4.1... Ok
oserror-1.4.2... Ok
oserror-2.1.1...
! oserror-2.1.1 expected: [1 {disk I/O error}]
! oserror-2.1.1 got:      [0 {}]
oserror-2.1.2...
! oserror-2.1.2 expected: [^os_unix.c:\d+: \(\d+\) unlink\(.*test.db-wal\) - ]
! oserror-2.1.2 got:      []
oserror-2.1.3... Ok

After looking at the code in test/oserror.test, I'm confused about how
it could possibly ever pass: as far as I can see and understand, it does
not enable WAL journaling at all:

When SQLite opens a read or write transaction on a database file zero bytes in size, it attempts to delete any journal or wal file that is already present in the file system using unlink() before proceeding. And any unlink() on a directory should fail with EISDIR, causing the errors that the test cases are looking for.

Not sure what is going wrong here though. If you try the same test with the shell tool:

  $ rm -f x.db
  $ mkdir x.db-wal
  $ sqlite3 x.db
  sqlite> select * from sqlite_master;
  Error: disk I/O error

do you get the I/O error/

Dan.

ifcapable wal {
   do_test 2.1.1 {
     set ::log [list]
     file mkdir test.db-wal
     forcedelete test.db
     list [catch {
       sqlite3 dbh test.db
       execsql { SELECT * FROM sqlite_master } dbh
     } msg] $msg
   } {1 {disk I/O error}}
do_re_test 2.1.2 {
     lindex $::log 0
   } {^os_unix.c:\d+: \(\d+\) unlink\(.*test.db-wal\) - }
   do_test 2.1.3 {
     catch { dbh close }
     forcedelete test.db-wal
   } {}
}

so the file "testdir/test.db-wal" (which the test overrides with a dir)
does never come into play in the testdir/test.db DB that the test opens.

On the contrary, other WAL-related tests (such as test/wal.test) do
enable WAL journaling via "PRAGMA journal_mode = wal".

Any hints?

Thanks