One thing that it is important to be clear on is that SQLite Expert is
a 3rd-party product that is not supported nor even understood by the
official SQLite developers.  SQLite Expert, if I am not mistaken, does
try to do some magic under the hood to make SQLite function more like
how the SQLite-Expert authors think it should function, rather than
how it actually functions.  So your theory of the difference in output
being due to shenanigans perpetrated by SQLite Expert might be
correct, for all I know.

The sqlite3.exe program, on the other hand, is an officially supported
product, developed by and for the core SQLite developers.  SQLite3.exe
behaves as the SQLite core developers intend SQLite to behave.

All that said, I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.....

On 2/20/18, Stephen Chrzanowski <pontia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That was NOT supposed to happen. :P
>
> CREATE TABLE [Test](
>     [ID] INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT NOT NULL,
>     [T1] TEXT,
>     [T2] BLOB_TEXT);
>
> insert into Test (T1,T2) values ('Test 1','Test 2');
>
> In SQLite Expert, it hides "Test 2" as a (blob).  I'm fine with that.
> In SQLITE3.exe, it shows "Test 2".  I'm also fine with that.
>
> What I'm not entirely sure of is whether SQLite Expert is understanding and
> handling the BLOB_TEXT field and just not doing the actual query to get the
> text, or, if it understand if there is some kind of special handling that
> SQLite Expert is not doing and just shows (blob).
>
> The reason I'm asking is that I've got an application that handles bulk
> text inserts, and I want to make sure that I don't run into some kind of
> stupid (My code, not SQLite) limitation that'd chop text out, or what have
> you.
>
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:17 AM, Stephen Chrzanowski <pontia...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm fully aware that any kind of data can be stored in any kind of field.
>> Strings can be in integer declared fields, etc.
>>
>> What I'm interested in finding out, without changing my code at this time,
>> is if SQLITE3.EXE is handling things differently than what SQLite Expert
>> is.
>>
>> In "SQLite Expert", if I declare a field as BLOB or BLOB_TEXT, the UI
>> itself "hides" the information pending certain declaration types on the
>> tables field.  SQLITE3.EXE does not.
>>
>> Case in point:

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org