On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:44 AM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:

> > On Feb 19, 2018, at 7:49 PM, petern <peter.nichvolo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 3. Why can't SQLite have the expected common static SQL functions for
> > getting rapid development done without external tools?
>
> Because its primary use case is as an embedded library for programs, not
> as a standalone tool or server. From that perspective, it’s wasteful for
> SQLite to include functionality that can be done as well or better by the
> program that calls it.

​I agree. Sometimes it seems to me that people are using SQLite as if it
were a "cheap" version of "MS SQL Server"​. And then wanting it to have all
the "bells and whistles" of a full fledged, multi-user, relational SQL data
base. I can even somewhat understand that because it is just so easy to
install and use. Much easier than MySQL, MariaDB, or PostgreSQL (or any POS
on MS Windows).

> It’s also very easy to add custom SQL functions to SQLite, so if you have
> a need for these, you can write them yourself and either link them into
> your app, or build them as a library that the sqlite3 tool can load.
>
> —Jens

I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove
it.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown