I addressed this some time back in a C program which dynamically generates XML. Generating SQL would be an option.

By building a table with a keyname for each data element and a pointer to a data item the output structure can be assembled. As a wise person once told me "There is no problem in CS which cannot be solved by yet another level of indirection".

In my case I also added a function pointer so that callbacks could be used. With XML the table is actually a transformation of the DTD so that the result is guaranteed to be "well formed". If the table were compiled from the data structure then a similar integrity could be assured.

This method would require a few lines of code, but you would only need to do it once as opposed to writing code for each data structure.
JS

Dan Kennedy wrote:
As far as I know C++ has no introspection capability so the answer is probably no. Unless you want to parse your header file yourself,
or something like that.
With Java or another high-level programming language that supports introspection it would be possible I think.

"Rajan, Vivek K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello-

Has anyone had experience with automatically creating schema from a
custom data-structure for persistence storage using SQLite? So, in my
C/C++ program I have the following type of data-structure:

struct _trace {

std::string name;
std::string prop;

std:string object; int a; double b; };

std::vector _myPath;

Now, let's say I want to write and read _myPath data-structure
(persistence) in SQLite database.

My questions:

- Is there a mechanism to dynamically create a schema on-the-fly from
the data-structure?
- Essentially a capability to store any custom data-structure into
SQLite data-base by automatic creation of schema for the data-structure

Rajan