> On Mar 15, 2018, at 11:20 AM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:
>
> It's possible, with a lot of work, to figure out whether the columns in a
> table were defined as having type BOOLEAN.  IF you want to do this tell us
> and we'll tell you how.  However, if you are doing a calculation in a SELECT
> like
>
>    SELECT name,(membershipType == 'y') FROM Members
>
> The values returned will be 0 or 1 and there will be no way to tell that
> SQLite did a boolean calculation to return that result.

To jump in here: This is also a problem for certain uses of the JSON1
extension, since JSON data does distinguish between true/false and 1/o. An
application may need to know whether a query result is a JSON number or a
boolean, for example. It’s on my to-do list to figure out a good way to do this.

I see that some limited boolean support is coming in 3.23; it would be nice if
boolean could be elevated to a data type, or at least if integer column values
in a query could be tagged to indicate that they originated as booleans.

—Jens