On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 4:37 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> This is a survey, the results of which will help us to make SQLite faster.
>
> How many tables in your schema(s) use AUTOINCREMENT?
>
> I just need a single integer, the count of uses of the AUTOINCREMENT
> in your overall schema.  You might compute this using:
>
>    sqlite3 yourfile.db '.schema --indent' | grep -i autoincrement | wc -l
>
> Private email to me is fine.  Thanks for participating in this survey!

sqlite3 schema-v.db  '.schema --indent' | grep -i autoincrement | wc -l
28
sqlite3 schema-i.db  '.schema --indent' | grep -i autoincrement | wc -l
117
sqlite3 schema-p.db  '.schema --indent' | grep -i autoincrement | wc -l
55
sqlite3 schema-g.db '.schema --indent' | grep -i autoincrement | wc -l
14

The 4 different main "data" schemas used by my employer's commercial
offering.
There are hundreds/thousands of those DBs at all our client sites. Note
that I'm
not directly associated to the design of those schemas, but I know the
SQLite-assigned
auto-inc'd rowid PK is heavily depended on, in the very SQLite-heavy
application-suite.

PS: And that new tables, for new data types, are regularly added each
release, so these
numbers will only increase, until an unlikely redesign to rely on Guid PKs
is made for example.