On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 10:45 PM, David Ashman - Zone 7 Engineering, LLC <
da...@zone7engineering.com> wrote:

> I don't see a .describe in the SQLite documentation.  I've tried to use
> .schema but that returns an error.

.describe [3] and .schema [2] are "dot-commands" of the sqlite3 command
line utility [1], not the SQLite library itself.
And that CLI executable, unlike SQLite the library itself, directly uses C
I/O and NOT a VFS [4], and in general is not
meant for "outside" reuse (a pity IMHO), so you cannot use it as-is w/o an
OS and shell. But of course internally, that
CLI is also an SQLite "client", so you can always look into the code [5]
and lift the parts you need. --DD

[1] https://sqlite.org/cli.html
[2] https://sqlite.org/cli.html#querying_the_database_schema
[3] not yet documented apparently.