On 21 Mar 2018, at 10:58pm, Jonathan Moules <jonathan-li...@lightpear.com>
wrote:

> I know SQLite has a CLI tool, but I'm happier with front-ends

You can use the CLI tool (which does still work under Windows 7) to open the
database you prepared in your preferred environment and execute just the
statement you're interested in.  You don't have to do the whole task in the CLI.

The advantage of using the CLI is that it doesn't involve any conversions to or
from the SQLite API.  The SQLite development team wrote the whole thing and can
completely understand the behaviour of everything it does.

You should work with a copy of the database, not the original, of course.

Simon.