Thanks, I was able to patch the table by removing the single tick marks using
the trim and the group by query now works as expected.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of R Smith
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 7:23 AM
To: sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] How to convert a datetime column to a date?

On 2018/03/22 4:19 PM, David Raymond wrote:
> Use datetime there instead of date or you'll lose the time part of it.
>
> UPDATE foo SET dttm = datetime(trim(dttm,''''));

Absolutely, thanks for catching that - I kind of assumed he meant to only have
the date part, but that is of course in the final query and not in the data.

Final query should then shorten to the actual date part to be:

SELECT date(dttm) AS dt, max(i) AS max_i FROM foo GROUP BY date(dttm) ORDER BY
1;