I find I confused several concepts of memory. Sorry for that.
And I guess I finally understand what my question really is:

Still there is only one process doing a SELECT * in a 256M db file.
Then 256M physical memory should be used when doing the query. (Ignore the
cache_size.)
So the PSS of my program should be 256M at that time. That is OK.

But from now on, the PSS will be 256M for a long time as my process will be
active for hours doing insert-select-insert-select without closing. My
system can not afford a 256M-PSS program.
In another word, the most important thing is there is no opportunity to call
unmmap() in my program.

Can I find a reasonable time to call unmmap or sqlite3OsUnfetch? Or is there
any way to solve the problem other than pragma mmap_size=2M?

Really thanks for your help.