I had a stray thought, and wanted to ask if it's been thunk before,and if so
what is the thinking?  Or just for commentary.

I have been building a system, part of which uses sqlite and virtual tables.
This is working great in a desktop/mobile environment.  However, eventually
one day, I will want to migrate aspects of the product to deeply embedded
systems (e.g. something like an STM32F4 class chip), and am thinking about
size -- both code and RAM.  I know about the various compile switches that
can turn off various features, but I wonder if I can really strip it down
further by eliminating parsing, query planning, etc, altogether, and only
support the virtual machine.  I do need virtual tables, though.  In my
particular use-case, I only need read access -- no create or update.  The
thinking being that I can build queries offline and compile them into the
p-code (or whatever it's called), and either burn those well know queries
into flash, or perhaps send them down the wire as needed.  Then of course
(maybe even more critically), can I control ram usage in a deterministic way
such that it will still work on memory-constrained devices (e.g. having a
total of 128 KiB max for the whole system).

Anway, has this been discussed before?  Or is it a fool's errand?

Cheers!

-dave