Is there a direct way to query how many rows are in a partial index?

e.g.

select count(*) from table indexed by partial_index

(this does not work - no query solution).

I know I can repeat the WHERE clause expression in the query, but this is for a
dynamically constructed index and knowing what the current "where" clause is on
the index has some race conditions attached. Solvable... but if there is a
direct way, I'd prefer that. Otherwise no big deal.

(I know I can also ANALYZE and check sqlite_stat1 after, but that's not really
a solution...)

- Deon