> Uh, why isn't your first choice simply, "Use SQLite from Java"?
> Surely calling C libraries is something the Java folks have worked out
> how to do many years ago?  Or what am I missing here?  What is the
> attraction of "pure Java"?

Java libraries linked with C (via JNI) generally have to run with the exact
same version of Java they were built with. That is, something linked against
1.4.2_03 isn't likely to run on 1.4.2_06. That, and the Java bindings don't
have as much active support and development as other languages do.

Randy
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          http://www.rjray.org         http://www.svsm.org

We will never have true civilization until we have learned to recognize the
rights of others.-- Will Rogers