There doesn't appear to be any real documentation over what page size to use. I
think it is more of a case of experimenting and determining which is best for
your system/application.

In the archive I found an article stating that for optimum performance on Win32
to match the page size with that of the disk cluster size.

We are using SQLite on an embedded system with a Flash filesystem and found
that SQLite performed best with 8K pages and we matched the sector size in
Flash to 8K. (Where a sector size on our flash filesystem is equivalent to the
cluster size on a FAT disk). We were able to effectivaley select the cluster
size for our filesystem and found SQlite worked best with the larger page size
although it does need to match the cluster size for optimum performance.

Hope this helps.

DISCLAIMER:
This information and any attachments contained in this email message is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return email, and delete the original message
immediately.