On Wed, 6 Jun 2018, Roger Binns wrote:

That is why I advocate a web site where the user (un)ticks what they
want, and the web site provides a correctly configured download.  This
will also tell the SQLite developers what features are configured.  (eg
if everyone turns off virtual tables that is useful feedback, as would
the opposite.)

A local tool which makes it easy to configure sqlite from local files sounds useful but depending on a "web site" (baby-bird model) does not sound good to me. There is already far too much dependence on what what happens to get served up at the time and too much dependence on a live connection to the "Internet" with a naive expectation what what was produced yesterday will continue to be produced tomorrow. The build strategy for the Python APSW extension is an example of unwanted dependency and loss of control.

Building of software from source code should always be under the complete control of the person who is performing the build and should inherently support use of local files which may contain local changes.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn