Guy Hindell wrote:

The majority of SQL commands issued are INSERTs and DELETEs, and so it
is these that I would like to optimise. Performance at the moment is
respectable, although I would prefer to see DELETEs go a bit faster.
In my application I use transaction for multiple inserts and they seem to run faster than MySQL, I have not noticed that deletes were particularly slow but if they are then the best way to optimise some job is not to do it -- since inserts are very fast you can change logic to insert new data into growing table and update some rows pointing to current set of inserted rows, so instead of: DELETE + INSERTS, you will have INSERTS + UPDATE. You will need to truncate table once in a while or even drop/create it.

--
regards,

Alex Chudnovsky
Majestic-12: Distributed Search Engine