On 23 Jun 2018, at 5:08pm, R Smith <ryansmit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> May I ask, if you do have a rather large dataset, and perhaps don't mind the
> time, would you care to compare the two methods and let us know if there is
> any discernible difference in speed?

Answers will be different depending on type of main storage, size of cache
available, and how much of the computer's processors are devoted to SQLite.  I
used to have an overnight run (not using SQLite) on an early dual-processor
machine which took three times longer to work if a tiny clock was showing on
the display.  The clock hogged one of the processors.

It would be an interesting comparison, but it's valid only for the setup it's
run on.

Simon.