On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 1:58 AM Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 7/26/18, Tomasz Kot <tom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Beneath sql shall throw an error on  CREATE VIEW statement (as invalid
> > column is specified), but it passes (SQLite 3.23.1).
>
> The error is deferred until you try to use the view.  The reason for
> deferring the error is that the problem might be corrected by
> subsequent DDL statements prior to using the view.

Would it be possible to have a pragma that easily detects all invalid views?
Does an existing one already do that? That would be useful IMHO.

Someone writing a SQL script to instantiate a schema could run that pragma
at the end,
with -bail perhaps, to eagerly and easily validate the DDL script. My
$0.02. --DD