Auftrag von Bart Smissaert
Gesendet: Freitag, 27. Juli 2018 10:38
An: General Discussion of SQLite Database <sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org>
Betreff: [EXTERNAL] [sqlite] How to insert this string?

Have a  table like this:

create table sql_replace(string_old text, string_new text)

The idea is to do automatic string replacements in SQL.
Say we have this SQL:

select * from table1 where a in(xxx)

then after the string replacement it should be this:

select * from table1 where a in('A', 'B', 'C')

Having some  trouble inserting the 2 strings, xxx and 'A', 'B', 'C'
in the table. Tried various constructions, but getting errors. I can see this
will be a lot easier to do in code with place holders and bound values, but in
this case I need to do it with direct SQL in an Android phone app.

Any advice how to do this in direct SQL?

RBS