On 7/25/18, Rune Torgersen <ru...@innovsys.com> wrote:

> Management wants to know if we're doing it correctly, or if there are
> faster/easier ways to do backup (and check).
> Also wants to know if a backup done using the live backup API gives us an
> exact copy (with any possible corruption) or if the backup is regenerated.

Seem right.  If a change happens to the database in the middle of a
backup, the backup automatically restarts, so that at the end of a
backup you are guaranteed to have a consistent copy from a single
point in time (something that you are not guaranteed to have if you
copy the file externally).

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org