That's exactly what I ended up doing in the ADO.NET 2.0 wrapper. In order to implement full Compact Framework support and callbacks, I ended up writing stdcall entrypoints and callback wrappers for just about the entire SQLite API.

Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arjen Markus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 12:28 AM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Dotnet C# support

Robert Simpson wrote:

Lots of problems here ... My VB is rusty, but here goes:

1. Don't bother declaring the callback struct -- you cannot do any form of callbacks in .NET with SQLite without major hacking. SQLite's callbacks are expected to be "cdecl" and .NET callbacks are always "stdcall" and you will
get stack errors if you even attempt it.  The ADO.NET 2.0 provider for
SQLite does it, but I had to go through hoops.

Hm, this mismatch in calling convention could be solved by one or two
little wrapper
functions, couldn't it? I am not very familiar with .NET, so I could be
all wrong.

Regards,

Arjen