From my understanding of Length(), it still reads the
entire Blob into memory before getting its size ( please
correct me if I am wrong ).

Many have suggested, that the best approach is to have
your application restrict the size of the blobs that it
writes to a size that is good for you. You can then read
your blob back in chunks as needed.

Nuno Lucas wrote:

> Now the only thing left is a way to get part of blob without having to
> read the entire row into memory, but that probably would not be
> easy...

Would be nice :)  Looks to me that blob would have to be
stored out-of-row probably, with the first 'x' bytes kept
in-row, with  'x' being a user-defineable number.

Regards,
Kervin