Good day!

To answer your questions I prepare a simple test example where I can
reproduce the crash (see file 'SQLiteDebug.zip').
The results of its execution please see in files ('SQLite_expected1.png',
'SQLite_expected2.png', 'SQLite_expected3.png', 'SQLite_unexpected.png') -
crash is in 'SQLite_unexpected.png' with an error 'Access violation'.

To get and install (if needed) the MS compiler of 13xxx version, you can:
* Either: get it (compiler files and library) form "Windows XP Driver
Development Kit (DDK)  2600" (sorry, I use so old compiler, it is just to
support my old projects)
* Or:
  a) Download already fetched compiler files and library from the link:
https://jmp.sh/v/bYhfdyV4ombZcWXVs98Z  (Please, download it in next 23
hours, otherwise link will be invalidated and I need to re-share it)
  b) Copy it into VC6 folder (see file 'Copy_13xx_compiler_here.png')
  c.1) To set 13xxx compiler active, see configuration as
'Set_13xxx_compiler.png'
  c.2) To set 12xxx (native VC6) compiler active, see configuration as
'Set_12xxx_compiler.png'

Thanks a lot for your efforts!

PS. I am sorry if I am asking you to spend your time by checking the SQLite
on so old compiler (it might be compiler issue).

Regards,
Vladimir.