On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 12:51 PM Graham Holden <sql...@aldurslair.com>
wrote:

> > There are, of course, multiple apps on my system that use sqlite3.dll -
> including the Bricscad app that I am running my vba code from.Speculating
> somewhat: Have you tried updating the copy Briscad is using? If one version
> is already in memory, you _may_ have problems persuading Windows to load a
> different version, and -- even if you can -- I've a feeling that SQLite
> might not like that.Graham.

From past discussions on this list, I remember that loading SQLite several
times in the same process,
even with renamed symbols, would be problematic on Posix system, because
SQLite uses a "singleton"
of some kind (as a workaround for broken POSIX semantic around file IO if I
recall correctly). But on Windows,
there was no such restriction that I can recall. Dan or Richard can
probably shed more light on this.

Seems like Graham already has a custom build, so renaming the symbols
sounds possible at least. FWIW. --DD