On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 1:19 PM Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 11/23/18, Digital Dog <digitald...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think these changes would not add a lot of code to sqlite and will make
> > life easier for users.
>
> SQLite remembers the database schema by storing the original CREATE
> TABLE text in the sqlite_master table.  That means the CREATE TABLE is
> reparsed whenever a new database connection opens the database file.
> This can lead to compatibility problems if the meaning of a CREATE
> TABLE statement is somehow affected by PRAGMAs.

Thanks for explanation, now I can see it would also interfere with other
features, such as FTS, which creates some tables with rowids, and some
without, and would require adjustments, perhaps even adding new syntax
"WITH ROWID" or a lot of this PRAGMA juggling. At the beginning after
reading the docs I just thought it's worth suggesting fixing the old
behaviour, I'm backing off over this idea.