Could it be that the one angle is north-based, the other one east-based?

----- Original Message -----
From: Graham Hardman <gra...@gh-designs.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018, 12:46:05
Subject: [sqlite] function named geopolyCosine is a misnomer

Hi,

I was very interested in the numerical approximation used in the
function named geopolyCosine and after a bit of on-line research decided
to test it's accuracy myself. What I discovered was that the function in
fact returns the sin value rather than the cosine value.

This is quickly noticed by checking the return value when r = 0. The
value returned is 0 rather than the expected 1.0

The function is only employed by the geopoly_regular function which I
found does actually return the expected shape (taking into account the
approximation being used).

On checking the geopoly_regular program code I saw that the coordinate
calculation formulae cancel out the incorrect value returned from
geopolyCosine by essentially  reversing the normal understanding of sin
and cosine.

I hope it is understood that I do not wish to offend. I would, in fact
appreciate a link to the site where this approximation was discovered.

regards,

Graham