Given a table with two columns, A and B, with no constraints what would be
the best way to query for those values of A such that there are
corresponding values of B in a specified set.

For example, given this data, below, and ignoring the primary key, I would
want the following results:

for p values 10,11,12 ==> 1
for p values 11,12 ==> 2
for p values 10 ==> 3

For all other "input" we should get no result/null/whatever.

CREATE TABLE t (id integer primary key, c, p);

INSERT INTO t VALUES(1,  1,10);

INSERT INTO t VALUES(2,  1,11);

INSERT INTO t VALUES(3,  1,12);

INSERT INTO t VALUES(4,  2,11);

INSERT INTO t VALUES(5,  2,12);

INSERT INTO t VALUES(6,  3,10);

For all other "input" we should get no result/null/whatever.

I can concoct a query based on the "input" like this but it seems like
there must be a better way?

SELECT DISTINCT c as C FROM t WHERE
         EXISTS (SELECT c FROM t AS x WHERE x.p = 10)
AND EXISTS (SELECT c FROM t AS x WHERE x.p = 11)
AND EXISTS (SELECT c FROM t AS x WHERE x.p = 12)

AND (SELECT count(*) FROM t as x WHERE C = x.c) = 3;