> I never would have allowed the recent
> enhancements to ALTER TABLE that broke it.

The enhancements made have been way overdue. Personally, I appreciate them very
much and they are worth the "trouble". And I hope that the small problem does
not prevent you from taking MODIFY COLUMN and DROP COLUMN into account. I think
it should solve most problems as the quite complex procedure (which obviously
seems to be improperly implemented quite often, not only from me *g*) would
then be obsolete. And, in addition, SQLite could possibly even use a more
efficient way for the modifications than just copying all the data. (In fact, a
13th step "VACUUM" may be required in many cases, as dropping the table in step
6 can lead to a large "hole" in the database.)

As far as the example is concerned, I will try to reproduce tomorrow.

Kind regards,
Thomas