> On Dec 20, 2018, at 9:30 AM, Peter da Silva <res...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Fuzz testing would be extremely unlikely to have caught the original
> attack. Nor would fuzz testing on input be likely to hit all corrupt
> database attacks. Fuzz testing using fuzzed corrupted databases might.

OK, but by those criteria, _no_ program is "immune to wandering through bad
pointers”*, since no testing is 100.00% perfect, so I don’t know what your
original point was…

—Jens

* Programs in ‘safe’ languages aren’t immune, because the interpreter/virtual
machine/compiler that provides the safety isn’t immune to pointer bugs, by the
same reasoning.