Hello Scoott !

I have done some work with a prototyping tool for data applications using sqlite https://github.com/mingodad/db-api-server and use for navigate several opendata sources like (sorry it is in Spainsh) https://meimporta.eu look here https://borme.w.meimporta.eu/bormeMalaga-lm.app .

With this tool we can create links that make easy navigate/filter/search non trivial amounts of relational data.

I used this repository https://github.com/mingodad/db-api-server for a talk about prototyping database applications, I hope it can be helpful for you or other people with similar needs.

Cheers !